What is Purple Search
Purple Search is a monthly newsletter that shares expert resources, opportunities, guides & commentary about UX, UXR, tech trends, feelings, emotions, and psychology, and my journey in the most honest and down-to-earth way.
I always try as much as possible to create value wherever I can. One way I have chosen to do this is by curating and writing a newsletter. The internet is saturated, and there is no way to distinguish between right and wrong. As a self-taught researcher, learning was overwhelming. There were so many contradictions. I found that tech content creators over-glamorized the industry while hiding the hard, tacky and unattractive aspects.
- Let’s Talk UX Research: I started my journey 2 years ago. Like most, I had to discover the inner workings of UX Research the hard way. Here are resources that will get you started.
- Biases are Ubiquitous, Even in Research and Design: In order to mitigate our biases in the Research and Design processes, we must know them.
- On Good Design, Layoffs and What it Means for Entry-level UXers: With the recent and disproportionate layoffs of UXers, will the software crisis return? How will entry-level UXers cope amidst all the uncertainty?
- Aspiring to be a T-shaped researcher & designer: My drive is to be a T-shaped generalist with just enough capabilities in the UX sub-disciplines but to specialise in one (UX Research).
- Using ChatGPT and Notion AI for Qualitative Data Analysis: We’ve all been talking about ChatGPT and its ilk, I decided to give it a try.
- (Bonus) Talk to me, I’m all ears: I’m all for exploring this terrain I’ve plunged myself into, I am forever open to evolving. I’ve written five issues and not once have I solicited feedback from you, dear reader.
- The AI gold rush, design as a craft & shallow personal branding: I am thinking about the AI gold rush, how design as a craft is still relevant and how shallow personal branding is today.
What you should expect
- 5 – 8 curated resources (articles, tips, tricks, events, podcasts, etc) from UX Research & Design experts.
- The human touch: my journey, successes, failures, commentary and stories about my UX & UX Research exploits.
- Ideas and opinions about tech trends and how they link to UX Research and Design.